Last Modified: December 20, 2023
The owner of this Site is Beenario GmbH (“Beenario”) with VAT number DE299463958, located in Tonbachstrasse 102, 72270 Baiersbronn, Germany, and registered in the German commercial Registry of Amtsgericht Stuttgart, under registration number HRB 752438. To contact us, please email: [email protected].
Please read the following to learn more about our policies and procedures regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information that we collect through Beenario website, and our products and services offered via a Beenario website, through Beenario software applications (“apps”), through Beenario social media pages and apps, through emails exchanged with us, through Beenario’s offline interactions with you, and through other means offered and controlled by Beenario (collectively, the “Services”).
“Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable, including your:
- Billing address
- Email address
- Usernames and passwords you create to use the Beenario Services
- Credit or debit card number you provide to our third-party service provider(s) via Beenario to process payments
- IP Address
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways.
- You may provide Beenario with your Personal Information when you create an account on any Beenario website, download marketing materials, download a software update, register for support, sign up for services or other product or service offerings from Beenario, register for a seminar, purchase software, participate in a survey, or solicit communication from Beenario.
- We may also receive your Personal Information from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and other third parties.
You may refuse to supply us with certain Personal Information, with the understanding that this may prevent you from engaging in certain activities or using certain products or services.
Website visitors: By accessing and using our website we collect, sometimes automatically and sometimes with your consent, the following information that we use to improve the website and services and to customize services to user’s preferences and interests
- Computer/Device Information. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the website, product, and/or service you are using. We use this information to ensure that our Services are functioning properly.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your hard drive. Cookies allow Beenario to collect certain information about its website visitors, in order to remember their preferences, facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, understand usage, and for other purposes. You can access a list of cookies we use at the end of this document.
- IP Addresses. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The Beenario online services automatically identify, capture, and log IP addresses in our server log files whenever you use them, along with the time of your visit and the page(s) that you visited. Beenario uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the services, track user movement, ensure the security of your interaction, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Registered users: Additionally to the information collected from website visitors, when you create an account, you provide us for the following personal data to identify your access and for the security of your account:
- Through the registration form we collect your name, e-mail, password, and your role or profile of user you are. We also may collect information about your GitHub account when you prefer sign-in using your GitHub account.
Bugfender App users: For registered user who access and use our software services.
- App Usage Data. When you download and use a Beenario app, we and our service providers may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number.
- Application logs. Free text provided by you, to which some of our staff have access, in order to be able to provide you with the service, exclusively if they need the access for their duties. For example, Customer support can log into your account when you contact them, or System administrators have access to the databases when some maintenance needs to be performed in production servers. These logs are encrypted when stored, and encrypted with SSL/TLS during transfer between the mobile device and our servers and also when you look them up at bugfender.com website.
- Upgrading Plan. Bugfender App users start with a free basic plan. Users shall provide more personal data for the upgrade of its plan to obtain more functionalities. We will ask for your name, full postal address, country and VAT number for the billing, and bank details for the payment. By submitting your payment details, you agree that these data are processed by the payment service providers, and not by Beenario. Also, you authorize Beenario to send instructions to the financial institution that issued your card to take recurring payments for your subscription.
- Aggregated Personal Information. Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code) for statistical purposes.
How We May Use Personal Information. Beenario collects your Personal Information because it helps Beenario deliver the highest possible level of customer service to you. Following we indicate the legal bases and purposes of the processing:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, based on your consent.
- To provide you with our products or services, including software updates, based on contract performance.
- To allow you to sign up for an account so that you can, among other things, participate in our online communities or submit and track a support case, based on your consent.
- To send administrative information, for example, announcements regarding our products or services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, based on our legitimate interests to inform about similar or related products or services contracted before and on a legal obligation to inform about changes to our policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to communicate with you and provide you with related customer service, based on contract performance.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including product announcements, educational materials, special offers and upcoming online and offline events that Beenario believes you might like to be notified about, based on our legitimate interests to inform about similar or related products or services contracted before and on your consent that you may withdraw whenever.
- To personalize your experience by focusing on and presenting products and offers tailored to your interests, based on your consent.
- For our business purposes, such as performing data analysis and audits, developing new products, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, based on our legitimate interest.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, based on our legitimate interest and/or legal order.
If you do not want Beenario to keep you posted with the latest information on Bugfender products and services from the bugfender.com website (but not other Beenario websites) please inform us at [email protected].
How We May Disclose Personal Information. Beenario may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, vendors, and strategic partners who provide services such as data hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, delivery of products or services, management and enhancement of user data, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services, and other similar services, to enable such third parties to provide the foregoing services.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, wikis and blogs, and other services within the Services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to those services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on these services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Beenario informs users that some of these recipients of their personal data are located outside of the EEA, even in countries where an adequate level of protection is not ensured. However, Beenario has taken all the measures to guarantee that level of protection in compliance with GDPR. In particular:
- Wasabi Technologies, Inc., for the provision of data storage services, with data storage in the EU, a data processing agreement has been signed: https://wasabi.com/legal/data-processing-addendum/
- Dogwood Labs, Inc. (dba Statuspage.io), for the provision of incident reporting services, a data proessing agreement has been signed: https://www.atlassian.com/legal/data-processing-addendum
Protection of Personal Information. Beenario takes reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure alteration misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Beenario” section below.
Choices and Access. We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by clicking on the communication preferences link at the bottom of the email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Beenario informs data subjects about their rights to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, object, and data portability. You may contact us in accordance with the “Contact Beenario” section below. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Use of Services by Consumers and Minors. The Services are not directed to consumers nor to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) or the age as allowed in your jurisdiction, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
Sensitive Information. We ask that you do not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) to us.
Links to Other Parties
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.
Last updated: July 18, 2023
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is stored on your computer or other device such as mobile phones or tablet by a website. Cookies allow a website to remember your preferences whilst visiting the website in order to provide you with a more personalised experience. They help to make our website work efficiently and can allow us to track how the site is used for making improvements.
We use technical cookies, which are strictly necessary for the website to properly work, as soon as you get to our website. The other kinds of cookies are exclusively used if you give us your consent.
- Which cookies does Bugfender use in the website?
In our webpage we use the following cookies:
- Technical cookies (necessary): cookies necessary for browsing and the proper functioning of the website. Its use allows basic functions of the website as access to pages of the website with restricted access. The legal basis that allows us to collect your data through these cookies is the execution of the contract (our Web Terms) with our users. (See Table below)
- Preference Cookies: they allow the website to remember information that changes the way the site itself behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or the region in which you are located. The legitimate basis that allows us to collect your data through cookies is our legitimate interest in adapting our site to your preferences. (See Table below)
- Analytics cookies: allow to monitor and analyze the behaviour of web users. The information collected through this type of cookies is used for measuring the activity of the website, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of those websites, applications and platforms, in order to improve the website and our service offerings. These cookies do not contain personal data, the collected data is only used for analysis and no other purpose, and the data is not shared or connected with data from other websites. (See Table below).
- Affiliate tracking: An affiliate tracking cookie is a file that is created and stored on your web browser when you click on one of our affiliate links. It allows user tracking by synchronizing identification across many affiliates’ domains. The legitimate basis that allows us to collect your data through cookies is the consent you have given to our affiliate site for installing the tracking link, and our legitimate interest in compensating our affiliates for your referral. (See table below)
Yes, cookies can be disabled. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our website, resulting in less efficient browsing and maybe you cannot take advantage of some of our services.
If you want to delete your browser’s cookies, go to the Preferences menu of the Browser or Browser settings and find the Privacy section. As an example, you can follow the instructions below:
|my_session, auth_state, 2fa
|Lets us know who you are once you log in to the application.
|Helps to detect malicious visitors to our Customers’ websites and minimizes blocking legitimate users.
|Intercom session cookie that allows users to continue a chat while moving through the site.
|This allows us to apply discounts when you upgrade to a paid plan
|Intercom session customization.
|Remember notifications seen
|Collect information anonymously and report website trends.
We do not use advertising cookies.
Affiliate tracking Cookies
|This allows us to anonymously know if you make a purchase and compensate our affiliates who referred you to our services.